By Diva Gigi
I’ve started making design changes to my Hot Patterns Plain & Simple Tee. I started out with the scoop neck, long-sleeved version and simply made some changes to the neckline. As you can see, I made the neckline lower and wider. It took me a few tries (hence all the lines!) to get something that I thought looked similar to the Blumarine top yet provided more coverage for my bra straps. I’m going to cut this out in a scrap fabric first. If I can I may scoop out a little more at the sides. NOTE: since the neck edge is bound, you’ll need to remove the seam allowances at the neckline.
I used one of the 2″ washers that I use as patterns weights to create the little dip at the center front. I’ve been thinking a lot about how best to treat this area and think I’ve come up with an easy way. Hopefully, I’ll get to test it out on some scrap fabric tomorrow. I’ll be using the same basic method here that I will use on the sleeve treatment.