by Diva Gigi
I was finally able to trace off my pattern, alter it and cut out a muslin today. This pattern is designed for a woven so I felt pretty confident that the size 8 would fit me fine without a full bust alteration. The only alterations I made were for a forward shoulder, short arms and sway back. Everything fits really well as-is except that I lowered the vee neckline by 1″. I noticed that the center front seam hangs about an inch shorter than the rest of the skirt. I sewed this seam with a zigzag and it isn’t a fit issue so I think it’s just a pattern issue. I will add 1″ at the center front tapering to nothing at the seam. I used Stay Tape to stabilize the front gathers – it is incredibly irritating so I’ll use something else in the final garment.
The pattern calls for a zipper in the back but I didn’t think it was necessary.
On to real fabric!